How To Layer Chains
Once you buy you first pendant or chain we know it can sometimes be difficult figuring out out to layer jewellery together without making a fool of yourself. Well don't worry we have an easy to follow guide on how to layer jewellery.
How To Layer Necklaces
- Starting with a small chain necklace is the first step in layering necklaces. This will act as the framework for the rest of your necklaces, and we advise a short chain length of 50 cm or 55 cm. This length is perfect since it gives the rest of your necklaces a stable foundation to rest on. Additionally, the shorter length will highlight the longer necklaces you will be layering with.
- Next, add a longer pendant necklace to your layering arsenal. A pendant necklace is an excellent accent to your layering style since it adds contrast to the short chain necklace and prevents the necklaces from overlapping. A pendant necklace will also add a touch of elegance to your layered style and allow you to show off a favourite piece of jewellery.
- There are 2 ways we recommend layering your jewellery:
Tips for Creating the Perfect Layered Necklace Look
- Mix and match different lengths and styles of necklaces for a more interesting look.
- Pay attention to the metal finish of your necklaces and try to match them for a cohesive look. We recommend when you're first starting out to stick to one material/colour.
- Consider the neckline of your outfit when layering necklaces. V-neck tops work well with long necklaces, while scoop neck tops are ideal for chokers shorter necklaces.
- Don't be afraid to experiment and have fun with your layering. The beauty of layering necklaces is that there are no rules, so feel free to try new combinations and find what works best for you.
When layering necklaces, have some fun with it! There's no right or wrong way to do it. Feel free to mix and match and discover what combinations suit you best. Embrace your unique sense of style and don't be afraid to experiment.